Thursday, July 8, 2010

3 1/2 months

So I craved labor, I tried to nest, I knitted, moaned and groaned impatiently. Then one Tuesday morning the contractions came. It was the labor that I knew I would have. Movement, breath, talk, smiles and the occasional curse. It was the kind of labor I expected, mostly because I couldn't comprehend it going any other way.

I labored at home with my incredible partner and my wonderful sister. I went in to hospital on the Wednesday. I was 8 centimeters. My daughter was born 7 hours later. A straightforward, drug-free birth. The feeling as she left my body is still with me. The lightness. Relief. Empty.

Little G is 3 1/2 months old. Incredible! These months have been full of love, breastfeeding, smiles, poo, chatter, angst, tears and many, many visitors.

And she, she is amazing and willful and cheeky and flirty and oh so much fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment